Since 1949 IMS COMPANY has been a leading industrial distributor and light manufacturer serving the injection molding segment of the plastics industry.
The Production Specialist performs mechanical assembly on all production or custom items. Troubleshoot and repair of any non-conforming equipment due to mechanical or assembly issues. Perform plumbing and charging of all refrigeration units. Assist with electrical assembly and prep work. Assist with developing Bills of Materials, work instructions and routings for new products. Performs programming on controllers and conveyors. Perform final inspection and performance testing of all equipment. Create and maintain cut lists for crating and packaging materials. Cut wood and build crates for shipping equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Operate power saws, pneumatic nailers and staplers to cut and assemble crating.
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
- Drill, tap, ream, and countersink holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills.
- File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power tools.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, and refrigeration equipment.
- Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
- Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies, using grease guns or oilcans.
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience assembling electro-mechanical equipment.
- Computers- working knowledge of office applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience operating metal working equipment such as lathes, mills and saws preferred.
- The ability to obtain a fork lift operator's license.
- The ability to read mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams and procedures.
- USD 90,000 - USD 100,000 / Year