Posted in: Other in Cleveland | Posted: |
US CARGO, a subsidiary of Pitt Ohio, with terminals throughout Ohio & Pennsylvaniais seeking aPART TIMEAM DOCKWORKER, MONDAY & THURSDAY 2 PMSTARTfor ourCLEVELAND, OHterminal. US Cargo is a specialized and highly successful leader in the courier and small package transportation industry. US Cargo prides itself on developing transportation services and solutions to meet our customer's needs.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* No record of a driver's license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to pay and/or failure to appear will be considered provided that there was no conviction for driving while suspended during this time period.
* No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
* No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. US Cargo must receive a negative result.
* Complete employment application and interview.
* Pass criminal background check.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
* Must demonstrate stable work history, good work ethic, dependability and a positive, supportive and cooperative attitude.
* Must meet physical job demands; ability to push, pull, lift, carry up to 70 lbs. occasionally, and repetitively lift 20 to 30 lbs.Also, standing, walking, twisting, bending, reaching above and below waist level will be required.
* Sort and distribute boxes, bags, envelopes, cartons and other goods on trucks, or in the designated sort area of the terminal. Freight may be palletized.
* Reads tracking label, manifest, bill of lading or other shipping document to determine the correct placement of the freight.
* Scan all inbound and/or outbound freight.
* Load/unload freight on and off trucks using a forklift, or by hand using a hand truck or pallet jack.
* Secure the safety of the freight to prevent loss or damage.
* Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal risk of injury and risk to fellow employees. Report any injuries, accidents or safety hazards, whether personal or property, immediately.
* May count, weigh and/or record number of pieces.
* Forklift training and certification will be provided by the company, if applicable to the job.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT, PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT
US Cargo values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/D/V