Posted in: Marketing in Dallas | Posted: |
Position at Taylor Communications, Inc.
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future - and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees' potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We're passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we're in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It's time to look at Taylor.
Taylor Communications, a subsidiary of Taylor Corporation, is growing and looking to add a
to their team in Dallas, TX! In the role, you will be assisting in the set-up, clean-up, and running of label presses as well as operating a non-color basic press, preparing cartons, or packing products as needed.
- 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.; alternating two-week schedule (3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
- Assist press operators as assigned in the set-up, clean-up, and running of label presses.
- As needed, operate basic non-color press to produce stock labels.
- Prepare cartons and pack finished label products according to job specifications, handling product with care to prevent damage of, or errors to, finished labels.
- Monitor quality of finished product according to standards. Refer quality problems or product errors to press operator or shift supervisor for resolution.
- Prioritize work schedule as necessary to minimize production downtime and to meet order completion date.
- Follow safety procedures and assist the press operators in the upkeep of the work area.
- Act as backup to other production staff as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
You must have:
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position - walking or standing most of a 12-hour shift
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication
- Ability to read a ruler
- Ability to follow detailed instructions concerning job specifications
- Good verbal communication skills to interact with press operators and other staff to complete assignments
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods
- Ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual duties and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work assignments
We would prefer:
- High school diploma or GED
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor's family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world's more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees' potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity