Posted in: Executive Management in Philadephia | Posted: |
Nerd Street Gamers provides an opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors.
Essential Job Functions:
* Ability to see the big picture and meet objectives in all stages of event planning and executing
* Point of contact for all internal and external event logistics
* Providing clear, well-written periodic reports to stakeholders
* Management of all event project elements and operations within time limits and on budget
* Articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality
* Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on event day
* In-depth knowledge of all property and venue capabilities for events
* Responsible for communicating event best practices
* Research event industry and identify opportunities for innovation and creativity
* Insure compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership roles; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 3+ years of event management experience
* Esports experience a plus
* Exceptional project management experience and strong communication skills
* Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
* Ability to think strategically, multi-task and lead several events simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
* A desire to be hands-on, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
* Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on event needs; evenings and weekends
* The desire to consistently enhance and innovate onsite events, bringing new ideas to the table both strategic and areas of execution
* Excellent eye for detail, organized, thorough and a creative thinker and problem solver
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* A good understanding of the companys operations
* Health Care (medical, vision, dental)
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Life Insurance
* Generous PTO and Holiday Availability
* Parental Leave
* Equity Eligibility
* Flexible Work Schedule & Remote Opportunities
* Opportunity for growth