A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Application Developer ETL. This role is about Informatica PowerCenter 10.x skills and Informatica Cloud and putting data in the cloud. They are looking for someone with experience with AWS, Cloudera, and Impala. They need to have expert understanding of BI/DW system architectures, methodologies and data modelling. They need to be proficient in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
The responsibilities for this role are:
- Collaborate with business analysts and subject matter experts to design and implement data integration solutions
- Create solutions using standards, best practices to increase reliability, performance, simplicity, and overall quality of Data Pipelines
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated ETL-related problems, proactively and as issues surface.
- Performance tuning of ETL jobs and related components
- Report on, Measure, and Monitor Data Pipeline availability and performance to ensure KPIs and SLAs are met
- Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance
- Informatica PowerCenter 10.x configuration and support including installation, upgrades, performance tuning, etc.
- Perform code version control activities
- Expert understanding of BI/DW system architectures, methodologies and data modelling
- Current and hands-on experience with Informatica PowerCenter 9.x and higher on Unix platforms
- Hands-on experience with AWS Redshift
- Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Informatica Cloud
- Informatica Big Data Edition
- Informatica PowerCenter Adminstration
- Big Data (Hadoop and Hive/Impala) - Cloudera Distribution
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training Required
- Bachelor's or Technical Degree Preferred (computer science, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
- 7 or more years of work experience in delivering data integration solutions using ETL tools such as Informatica PowerCenter on Unix platforms
- 5 years of current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume Relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning
- 3 years of current and hands-on UNIX Shell Scripting experience.
- 3 years of current and hands-on experience with an enterprise job scheduler (Control-M, Autosys, Redwood, etc).
- 1 plus years in AWS Redshift, S3, EC2