Posted in: Other in New Mexico | Posted: |
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
RESPONSIBILITIESJOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and professional judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort.
* Practices safe patient handling techniques.
* Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing treatment.
* Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and emotional needs of patients and families.
* Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
* Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use (i.e. IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
* Initiates emergency support measures (i.e. cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
* Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
* Possession of a current or compact state licensure as a registered nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa
* Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
Critical thinking skills, professional verbal and written communication skills, technical/computer skills, attention to detail, customer service skills, adaptability, maintain confidentiality
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.