Posted in: Engineering in Massachusetts | Posted: |
The Sensors Division focuses on technology development for advanced sensor systems, particularly in the areas of airborne/surface-based radar, electronic warfare, underwater acoustics, hyperspectral imaging and EO/IR sensing. Within this role, we perform work at full system prototypes, experiment campaigns and technology component development. Particular development roles within the Sensors Division include RF analog/digital hardware, acoustic hardware, signal processing algorithms, machine learning algorithms, tracking/fusion, as well as real-time embedded processor implementation.
As a Senior RF Sensor Systems Engineer, you will be part of a small team focused on the modeling, simulation, and analysis of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance RF systems. Additionally, you will support the effort to evaluate current and future system capabilities, identify improved applications and techniques, and ultimately recommend solutions. Other duties include defining algorithm and system performance as a function of sensor data quality, characterizing system performance in order to clarify capabilities, identifying improvement areas in sensor data processing, and the researching multi-sensor approaches for data fusion and systems.
* Developing advanced RF hardware systems (radar, SIGINT, communications)
* Researching new RF sensing and processing concepts
* Developing RF hardware models (system level, component level)
* Working with measured RF sensor data to develop system models and conduct performance analyses for the purposes of design trades
* Developing RF propagation and scattering models
* PI duties
* US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
* MS or PhD degree in electrical engineering, physics, applied mathematics or related technical discipline
* Relevant experience designing, integrating and testing RF sensor and/or communication systems
* Familiarity with RF component technology and performance characteristics
* Strong scientific programming skills including Matlab, Simulink and/or C/C++
* Ability to translate customer requirements to determine research focus
* Strong communication skills and the ability to describe complex technical concepts to fellow researchers as well as to non-technical people
* Active Security Clearance at the Secret or Top Secret (TS) level
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at and provide your name, phone number and email address.
US Citizenship is required for all positions.