Posted in: Telecommunications in Arlington | Posted: |
This candidate will coordinate and collaborate with hardware, software and systems engineering to plan, execute and work through program activities and issues. This includes having the ability to work in a schedule-driven, fast-paced software development and test environment in order to provide innovative technical solutions specific to radar and multifunction sensors.
* Working as part of a small, focused team to architect, develop, implement, and test real-time applications featuring open architecture software principles
* Implementing real-time systems in PC-based software applications, such as C/C++ from verified algorithms written in higher-level languages.
* Developing communication infrastructure and signal processing abstraction libraries
* Testing software compliance within the given open architecture infrastructure
* US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
* Object oriented programming skills in C/C++
* Proficiency in MATLAB and/or Python as well as other higher-level languages
* Software/Hardware Integration and Test Background for real time processing RF systems
* Experience using source code management (Git, JIRA)
* Active Security Clearance at the Secret or Top Secret (TS) level
* 5+ years of programming experience, especially with open architecture software projects
* Software design/architecting team leadership experience
* Software development tools including continuous build, unit testing frameworks, static and dynamic code analysis
* Experience with algorithm optimization for real time systems, especially radar and electronic warfare systems
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at and provide your name, phone number and email address.
US Citizenship is required for all positions.