Posted in: Engineering in El Paso | Posted: |
Civil Engineering Technician - ElPaso
ElPaso, TX 79903
Under close supervision, assists project and design engineers as well as surveyors by performing routine tasks requiring fundamental knowledge of engineering and surveying principles.
* AutoCAD experience required (5-10 years) with emphasis in Civil 3D and Carlson preferred
* Strong work-ethic
* Ability to work in teams and communicate well with others
* Desire to refine skills and improve efficiency
* Desire to learn new software and expand knowledge of CAD/GIS related programs
* Desire to take pride in, and ownership for one's own work
* Ability to manage one's time well
Typical tasks to be performed include:
* Prepare drawings and perform repetitive calculations such as those required for civil engineering plans and quantities.
* Prepare municipal survey plats for surveyor review
* From field notes, sketches and field measurements, prepare CAD drawings of topographic, improvement and as-built surveys
* Assemble and modify standard details to accommodate basic project requirements.
* Prepare project layouts and details from engineer's sketches and design calculations.
* Draw detailed dimensional drawings for grading and associated features.
* Use design software and other tools to perform roadway plan/profile, grading plans, earthwork calculations, utility plans, and site plans that comply with regulatory codes and owners' requirements.
1. Does the candidate have AutoCAD experience required (5-10 years) with emphasis in Civil 3D and Carlson?
2. Does the candidate have the Desire to learn new software and expand knowledge of CAD/GIS related programs?
3. Does the candidate have a High school diploma?