Posted in: Engineering in Fort Worth | Posted: |
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the worlds leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Design Group is looking for a motivated, dynamic, well-organized, technically savvy, collaborative mechanical engineering manager. Our projects include system designs for HVAC, plumbing, steam, compressed air, purified water and waste water systems.
This person will utilize their skills as needed to oversee and perform multiple complex design and leadership tasks, execute projects, and have a desire to deliver quality work to clients. He/she will work closely with other licensed engineers and architects to develop mechanical design documents. He/She will deliver industrial HVAC plans, including ductwork and piping plans, plant/utility supply/demand balances, airflow diagrams/pressurization plans, hygienic air filtration level requirements, temperature/humidity control calculations, sanitary/process water and wastewater plumbing plans, and construction/equipment specifications. Project work may include conceptual, schematic and final design, feasibility studies, condition assessments, technical peer review and construction documentation.
Project types consist of food processing, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, advanced technology and other industrial/manufacturing client projects for both existing building improvements and new construction.
* Mechanical A/E Design Manager on multidisciplinary project teams
* Design and responsible charge of facility mechanical systems including HVAC, steam systems, compressed air, and plumbing systems for custom, industrial applications
* Completion of engineering calculations, documents and oversight of design using multiple software calculation methods and CAD/BIM platforms of AutoCAD and Revit
* Interface with vendors to accomplish equipment sizing, hydronic piping system design and selection of mechanical equipment
* Develop equipment and construction specifications, interface with on-site and remote cross functional project teams and construction personnel
* Travel to existing client factories to gather existing information and perform construction observation
* Lead and mentor mechanical engineering department design staff, including other licensed MEs, EITs seeking licensure and mechanical designers
* 10+ years of A/E design firm experience preferred
* Demonstrated technical competence in design of the mechanical systems as described
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD and Revit preferred
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with our team members and clients.
* Must be willing to travel up to 20% in the U.S. to work at project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, and for training and other purposes.
* BS Mechanical Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Professional licensure as a Mechanical Engineer required
_At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful worktherefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. _
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group FS Inc