Posted in: Engineering in Houston | Posted: |
Senior Engineer - Solid Waste
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
The client is seeking a senior-level engineer in the Houston, Texas office to perform various activities related to environmental consulting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated seller-doer, is eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally. This position will involve managing projects, developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public and private clients in marketing, client management, project production, and related issues in the Texas market. Responsibilities include project management, business development, client development, and staff training and development. Project responsibility will have a primary focus on solid waste management, including landfill gas, landfills and landfill infrastructure, transfer station permitting, composting, and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, CQA, construction and/or operations support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas and related fields.
* Prepares and/or supervises engineering calculations, drawings, reports, and permit applications.
* Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, plans and coordinates work, and represents the company at meetings and conferences.
* Supervise or lead projects related to, including but not limited to, surveys/data gathering, CQA liner installations, inspections, landfill permit amendment/permit modifications, transfer station permitting, etc.
* Office based tasks including but not limited to overseeing project related CAD drafting, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit applications, etc.
* Business development including but not limited to: seeking and obtaining clients, proposal preparation, meeting with clients, and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
* Ability to solve unusual or complex problems and supervise proposed plans or projects.
* Travel (day trips or overnight, 30% of travel expected): Varies, Occasional overnight travel will be expected around Texas and possibly New Mexico, Oklahoma and Louisiana.
* Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
* 10+ years of relevant experience such as working knowledge and demonstrated consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, and landfill design and permitting, etc. required.
* Texas P.E (civil or environmental) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred.
* Competent with using MS Office and other computer software normally used in environmental consulting. Experience with using AutoCAD Civil 3D design software preferred.
* Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a requirement.
1. Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
2. 10+ years of experience in solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, and landfill design and permitting, etc.
3. Experience in using AutoCAD Civil 3D design software.
4. Texas P.E (Civil or Environmental) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months.