Posted in: Other in Utah | Posted: |
The Engineering Scientist will push forward the design and development of advanced lithium metal batteries. The Engineering Scientist will design research strategies and perform experiments to improve the performance, safety, and reliability of Cubergs lithium metal cells.
Ideal candidates are highly creative, practical, comfortable with ambiguity, results-oriented, and perform well in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
* Serve as technical lead for development projects aimed at improving the performance, safety, and reliability of Cubergs lithium metal cells.
* Design research plans, perform experiments, and generate quality experimental results to inform data-driven decisions.
* Review and explain scientific literature on lithium metal technology.
* Solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions.
* Perform a variety of electrochemical and physical characterization experiments.
* Manage and mentor entry-level engineers
* Ph.D. in an engineering field (e.g. chemical engineering, materials engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline), with a thesis focused on batteries.
* Strong background in electrochemistry with experience performing electrochemical analysis techniques.
* Startup and/or battery industry experience is preferred.
* Experience with lithium battery manufacturing process preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment.
* Proven ability to build order and devise strategy in complex and ambiguous research settings.
* Has a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, and is capable of delivering project deliverables on time.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
* Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
* A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
* Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave