Posted in: Engineering in Utah | Posted: |
ENGINEERING DEGREE REQUIRED
Our client is a leader in state-of-the-art converting services for flexible materials. They need an Applications Engineer to lead projects and project teams to develop new processes and commercialize significant programs.
* Meet with customers and internal staff to understand and document product requirements, features, benefits, and performance characteristics.
* Plan, coordinate, document proof of concept, proof of principle, validation and verification trials.
* Work with suppliers to identify and specify appropriate materials.
* Develop manufacturing methods and coordinate the design and validation and verification of new process equipment.
* Create product specifications, quality plans, test methods, work instructions, risk assessments
* Ensure the smooth release of new products to manufacturing once development is complete.
* Optimize and improve processes and systems once products have been released.
* Develop cost models and budgets for trials, commercial production, and capital expenditures.
* Manage complex projects with the ability to manage multiple projects, stay organized, meet cost and time budgets, and drive to completion.
* Prepare reports, presentations, and spreadsheets.
Our client is a very successful leader in state-of-the-art converting services for flexible materials. They need a customer facing applications engineer who can resolve product and process issues ensuring the custumers satisfaction with their products
* BS degree Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
* 5 + years industry experience with flexible materials processing (slitting, extruding, coating, printing, laminating, and/or die-cutting).
* Project management expertise, collaborative with team members, attention to detail accuracy.
* Engineering and quality methodologies expertise such as FMEA, DOE, SPC and 8D.
* Experience where a high degree of qualification, documentation and regulatory is required.
* Self-Starter, responsible, accountable with direct interaction experience with customers, vendors
* Communication skills: listening, speaking, reading and use of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Strong analytical problem solving. Proficient in CAD software.
* U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident