Posted in: Executive Management in Vermont | Posted: |
SALMON Health and Retirement, a dynamic, family owned, and operated
organization established in 1952, specialized in providing the full
continuum of care for older adults, and is the only area organization
offering this convenience. From independent living to assisted living,
memory care, adult day health, rehabilitation and skilled nursing,
home and hospice care and private care options, as well as childcare,
SALMON has set a high standard, earning the trust and confidence of
families across New England. SALMON operates in seven locations
throughout Central Massachusetts and holds a strong position in
today s post-acute healthcare market. Dedicated team members and
management combine to create a workplace with impressive opportunities
for professional growth and fulfillment.
We are actively seeking an Executive Director (ED) to oversee and
manage all aspects of our premier senior living community located in
Worcester, MA. This position will serve as the ED of a state-licensed
retirement community that provides independent living, assisted living
and memory care services to its residents.
* Responsible for the operation and management of the community in
accordance with the standards and guidelines of SALMON Health and
Retirement, the Leadership Team, and federal/state/local laws and
* Communicates and models a clear, customer focused vision, based
upon a resident centered model of care.
* Demonstrates the ability to identify and build relationships
within the local area that drives businesses into the community
thereby maximizing top-line revenue growth and achieving
appropriate market position.
* Ensures the community has an effective external business
development strategy in place, with clear accountability s
assigned, can articulate results and adjust plan accordingly to
maximize referral leads and move-ins.
* Develops a thorough working knowledge of state regulations,
policies and procedures dictated for residents; ensures
* Ensures all resident administrative files are well maintained,
current and in compliance with state regulations.
* Meets the financial targets with the goal to maximize return.
* Functional knowledge of all operating programs including memory
care, clinical, dining and social programs.
* Prepares, adheres to the community budget.
* Ensures budgeted revenue is achieved or exceeded by maximizing
occupancy and room rate and achieving monthly occupancy ramp.
* Reviews monthly financial statements and implements plans of
action for variances.
* Manages key, non-labor operating costs in line with budgeted
* Processes and submits monthly expenses and budget data timely per
policies and internal business controls.
* Meets NOI and occupancy expectations.
* Oversees all departments, maintaining full responsibility for
efficient operations and compliance with the financial goals
established in the approved Operating Budget.
* Minimum 5 years of experience preferably in the senior living,
health care or hospitality industries. (New opening experience a
* Bachelor s degree required, preferably in Business Administration,
Hospitality, Hospital Administration, or Health related field.
* Previous sales experience preferred.
* Excellent written, editing, verbal communication skills and
detailed project management skills
* Hands-on team player, skilled with attention to detail to be able
to execute multiple projects
* Previous management experience including hiring, coaching,
performance management, daily operations supervision and
* Quick learner able to work in a fast paced and changing
* Ability to budget time effectively, organize/prioritize multiple
tasks with an aptitude for quality, accuracy and detailed work
while meeting deadlines
* Work Schedule Hours per Week: 45+ based on needs of the business
* Limited travel
* Full Benefits Package
* Life Insurance
* Paid Training
* Ongoing, in-house education and advancement opportunities for
* Discounted child care at our on-site early education center
* Generous paid time off with indefinite accrual
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Employee Referral Plan
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to
We want to get to know you! Please complete our online application and
submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Internal Applicants Click Here