Posted in: Finance in Virginia Beach | Posted: |
NEX OCEANA) CASHIER CHECKER
United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach
Serves as Cashier Checker in Retail and/or Services areas responsible
for completing sales transactions operating a cash register,
accounting for sales receipts and providing customer service which
anticipates and exceeds customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Greets customers.
* Completes sales transactions accurately and efficiently. Performs
all types of cash register transactions cash charge check layaway
etc. in a procedurally correct manner. Accepts money makes change
bags and wraps merchandise. Thanks customers for their patronage.
Maintains change fund and accounts for sales receipts for which
responsible. Completes daily cash and sales reports.
* Interacts with customers and coworkers in a friendly and
professional manner which includes adhering to NEX dress codes
uniform standards and assisting supporting sales team members to
the maximum extent possible.
* Communicates with customers knowledgeably and legibly.
* Inspects items presented at the cash register by customers.
* Ensures merchandise sold is undamaged and of proper type size
quantity price etc.
* Ensures register scanned price and marked price agree. Reports
discrepancies promptly. Sells items located at checkout points as
* Ensures merchandise is fully stocked neatly arranged and
* Communicates regularly with supervisor store services manager etc.
regarding fast and slow selling merchandise customer preferences
needs and problems.
* Participates in department meetings and actively seeks to exchange
ideas regarding improvements in customer service job performance
achievement of sales goals etc.
* Becomes knowledgeable in NEX store policies including Richter
Merchandising System functions and operation merchandise returns
price matching check cashing rain checks etc.
* Handles customer returns and complaints tactfully and efficiently.
* Applies store policies consistently and intelligently ensuring
customer satisfaction as the end result.
* Advises customers of upcoming sales events and services available
throughout the Navy Exchange such as gift wrapping engraving
delivery gift certificates etc.
* Offers customers the opportunity to open a Military Star account
and informs customers of Military Star account benefits.
* Advises customer of the Convenience Care Extended Warrantee
program and assists in completing necessary paperwork.
* May prepare Beauty/Barber Chits schedule Barber/Beauty shop
appointments and sell hair care products to patrons.
* May receive film key engraving etc. from patrons for processing.
Logs required information following established procedures.
Receives checks tickets for pickup of completed orders.
* Maintains a high level of awareness in assigned areas and offers
excellent customer service to all patrons internal and external in
order to deter theft.
* Unpacks stages and moves merchandise as assigned.
* Assists in creating store displays and in performing periodic
* Completes paperwork associated with merchandise inventory movement
price adjustments customer returns cash register operation etc.
accurately and completely.
* Performs other related duties as assigned
No experience required. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Flexible (0 - 19.5 hours)
Jul 16, 2020, 8:59:00 PM