Posted in: Executive Management in Seattle | Posted: |
A VEG Medical Director is a job that gives you ownership, autonomy and unlimited growth. In short, it's a job you will brag about! We offer the highest compensation in the industry along with equity in our company and long-term growth. Something you cant get at any other Emergency Veterinary business!
The family you will be joining:
VEG is a rapidly growing group of emergency practices with multiple locations and a single mission: Helping People and Their Pets When They Need it Most. We are changing the face of emergency veterinary medicine with a client first mentality. Were a group of passionate thought leaders that believe in the power of an open mind and servant leadership.
If youre the ideal candidate, youll:
* Has earned a DVM, VMD, or equivalent degree
* Is fulfilled by helping others & providing mentorship while leading a team of rockstar Emergency Veterinarians
* Thrive in team-oriented environments (think hospital retreats, team dinners, happy hours and more!)
* Have a glass half full attitude, be humble and coachable
* Live and breathes emergency medicine
* Be passionate about emergency surgery (the soft tissue kind!)
As a Medical Director with VEG, you only work 6 shifts a month! The rest of your time should be spent leading, coaching, and inspiring your team, marketing to rDVMS, building a kick-a schedule, and recruiting for incredible VEGgies! Here are some details:
* Building and managing relationships with referring veterinarians
* Regular visits to referring vets
* Attending veterinary association meetings when possible
* Monitoring RingCentral and referral stats
* Creating the doctors schedule (regular, vacation, holidays)
* Distributing the schedule
* Assisting with coverage and/or replacements for shifts as needed
* Scheduling and organizing doctors meetings
* Setting agenda for doctors meetings
* Human Resources and Management
* Coordinating the evaluation of the doctors and maintaining those records
* Preparing and conducting development meetings with associate doctors
* Participating in coaching of doctors, alongside Chief Medical Officer
* Collaborate with the Practice Manager on co-management of the hospital
Why you should choose us: Because emergency is all we do, so we do it best! We also offer:
* Healthcare benefits and 401(k) starting on day 1 of employment!
* Up to 10 weeks of parental leave with 100% pay
* Short Term & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
* A variety of Wellness Resources
* Flexible work schedules for a true work-life balance (3 shifts a week is full-time for us!)
* Fresh groceries sent weekly, monthly and quarterly contests, quarterly hospital outings, annual company-wide retreat, etc!
* Plenty of company outings and team building events
* Tons of VEG swag!
* And so much more!