Publicado en: Finanzas en Colombia | Última actualización: |
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply here: https://form.jotform.com/211256633214548?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=idealist. Applications are rolling and considered as they are submitted. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and that the curriculum must be provided only in English version.
The Finance & Operations Senior Associate leads the finance and operation team and will take ownership over Instiglio’s global middle and back-office operations, such as finance and accounting, internal controls, treasury, HR administration, general services, legal and compliance processes. This role involves working across teams, managing a wide range of internal functions for our Global Headquarters in Bogota, as well as our local operations in Lima, Nairobi, and Rabat.
The role will be critical in the overall functioning of a fast-growing non-profit organization. It will present the challenging opportunity of applying corporate finance as well as operational efficacy to a global non-profit centered on delivering impact where it is needed the most. This role will be instrumental for Instiglio to meet the growing demand for its services across Africa and Latin America, and to catalyze a focus on results within the development discourse and practice.
The role will imply building and managing systems, processes, and structures, sometimes from scratch, to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. We are looking for an individual that is creative and empathetic, and at the same time possesses structured and strategic thinking skills to help foster a rewarding work environment and further our mission. The ideal candidate for this position works well independently, values precision and attention to detail offers excellent analytical skills, is comfortable with uncertainty, and is capable of shifting their perspective from the details to the big picture.
The responsibilities of the Finance & OperationsSenior Associate will include, but are not limited to:
Finance and Accounting
- Managing the day-to-day of the Global finance and accounting team
- Managing and overseeing the execution of Global and office accounting (accountant management, expense tracking, taxes, and statutory deductions)
- Managing organizational financial planning by supporting the implementation of financial forecasting and budgeting processes
- Proposing, tracking and updating financial indicators/KPIs that provide insights for better decision making
- Conducting financial analysis and defining financial business strategy that can drive growth (cost analysis, efficiencies, pricing strategies, profitability analysis)
- Working directly with management and internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations
- Developing and improving financial and administrative operating policies and procedures to ensure the adequacy of internal controls
- Managing the day to day relationship with external auditors across all offices
- Managing and overseeing global and local audits for all Instiglio entities
- Overseeing the preparation of all financial performance reporting
- Developing financial and administrative tools for management and reporting purposes
- Managing financial risk associated with internal operations and external circumstances
- Managing liquidity and FX risk at the global and office levels
- Managing and overseeing national and international payments, and bank accounts.
Legal & Compliance
- Managing the relationship with external lawyers and auditors across all offices
- Analyzing fiscal, accounting, and legal implications of organizational plans and providing timely recommendations
- Ensuring proper organizational registration and documentation to comply with funder requirements
- Managing and overseeing the implementation of payroll, contracting, and immigrations processes across our offices
- Managing the company's office maintenance; directing and supervising maintenance work
- Managing the support to the front office for the delivery of Instiglio’s services
- Supervising the hiring of suppliers across the organization
We are growing a team of go-getters that are driven by our mission, curious about the world, and dedicated to a life of learning. An ideal candidate will have:
- At least 7 years of work experience, including 5 years of relevant experience in corporate finance, accounting, and internal operations
- At least 1 years of team management experience
- Experience working in an international or multinational organization
- Experience creating and improving financial policies and processes
- Experience corporate financial planning and analysis
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or similar field
Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English - C1
Knowledge Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, and structured thinking skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently and in teams. Can plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to relate well to people from different backgrounds, build trust, and manage conflict.
- Emotional intelligence, resilience, and good self-management skills (emotional regulation, self-awareness, self-actualization)
- FX risk management
- Experience in HR Administration
- Experience in auditing process
- Experience in general service administration
- Experience in a non-profit or international development organization
- Experience as a consultant or auditor
- Experience with USA, Colombia, Kenya, Peru, and/or Morocco government regulations
- MBA or Master's in Finance
Language skills: Exceptional written and oral communication skills in French - C1
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience building processes and systems from scratch