Publicado en: Banca Comercial en Los Ángeles | Última actualización: |
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of intrepid ex-SpaceX engineers who want to revolutionize the food industry, Serve Automation is changing the way your favorite food gets made and delivered. Serve has secured funding from top-tier investors who have invested in companies like Beyond Meat, Lyft, Creator, Blue Bottle Coffee, and Sweetgreen.
The Serve Automation team is searching for the best and brightest to join our team of rocket scientists turned food automation engineers. Serve is a collaborative work environment we all work together to move the company forward as needed. In other words, we all wash dishes! If you love tackling big ideas, working with a stellar team, and eating great food, Serve Automation may be the perfect place for you!
What You'll Do:
* Lead the manufacturing effort for a start-up - scaling from the prototype phase through to production
* Work with design engineers to provide DFM Insights and improve manufacturability
* Collaborate with design and manufacturing teams to deliver finished assemblies on time and on budget
* Create training/work instructions to guide manufacturing technicians
* Organize and supervise shop floor resources to prioritize tasks and deliver quality work, on time
* Plan for, and grow, a manufacturing team to deliver on company objectives
* Implement and maintain MRP/PLM software to streamline production
* Root cause manufacturing issues and implement corrective actions
* Coordinate with vendors to reliably procure hardware and components
* Anything and everything - this is a fast-growing startup!
What You'll Need:
* Basic Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical, manufacturing, robotics, industrial engineering, or similar field
* 4+ years industry experience
* Experience with manufacturing process development, production layouts, and common quality tools
* Demonstrated proficiency and experience with manufacturing processes, GD&T, quality processes, DFMA etc.
* This role may require standing, bending, and working hands-on with hardware in the shop for extended time periods
* Preferred Qualifications
* Masters degree in a relevant engineering discipline
* 6+ years industry experience
* Experience scaling hardware from prototyping to production
* Firm understanding of standard manufacturing processes (machining, welding, sheet metal)
* Strong expertise in design for manufacturability and design for assembly
* Hands-on experience with basic machine tools and assembly techniques
* Experience with weldments and mechanical assemblies
* Experience with food-safe design and manufacturing processes
* Willing to work extended hours or weekends when necessary to resolve critical issues
Where You'll Work:
Our office is located in an industrial park in Hawthorne, CA. We're about 1.5 miles from the Crenshaw Station on the Green Line in close proximity to a number of aerospace and manufacturing companies including SpaceX and Triumph. We are situated next to Common Space Brewery and LA Aleworks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A tiempo completo
- A tiempo completo