Lähetetty: Tietoliikenne in Chicago | Lähetetty: |
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Mid Level
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. Were looking for a creative, outside-the-box thinker to join our engineering team as a DevOps Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for a hardworking go-getter to impact some of the largest employers in America.
Our tech is at the forefront of what we do here at PerkSpot. In this role, you will work with the engineering team to improve the technical functions of our application through design, building, and maintenance of our distributed environments, including hosted applications and the cloud environment. Your work will serve to improve the usability and effectiveness of our platform for all of its users.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with Americas top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and were carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, were excited about our leadership position in the industry, but were also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. Were a big platform, but a small team. That means were going to trust you with more responsibility than youd have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Engineering Team
PerkSpots tech team is made up of Software Engineers, QA Analysts, and DevOps Engineers with one goal in mind - to keep PerkSpot moving and improving. We work collaboratively to optimize our application, making it as efficiently and user-friendly as possible. Because of our fast-moving, project-based structure, the team allows for significant opportunities for learning, growth, and diversity of work - youll certainly never get bored here. Our work directly impacts the PerkSpot platform, and therefore our partners and their hardworking employees as well.
Life as a DevOps Engineer:
* Taking on the complex design and development of software solutions within all aspects of the PerkSpot tool
* Partnering with Software Engineers to build, test, and release internal applications and software upgrades
* Working with the Technical Support Engineer to maintain PerkSpots hosted and cloud environments, as well as source control tools such as GIT
* Handling system and data backup strategies, as well as CI and CD tools
* Brainstorming ways to automate our manual processes, while also troubleshooting and correcting system/code defects
* Regular participation in the teams on-call support rotation
* Regularly attending team meetings and brainstorming new features, solutions, and programming ideas
* Keeping tabs on new developments within the industry and implementing them where appropriate
What were looking for:
* 3+ years of experience in .NET, Windows Administration, and Azure
* Bachelors degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
* Strong experience with environment builds and Terraform
* Experienced in software release procedures and CI/CD pipelines
* Experienced in source control management, such as GIT
* Demonstrated experience in Microsoft .NET, SQL Server, IIS
* Familiarity with cloud-based PaaS and IaaS providers such as Rackspace, Azure, and AWS; experience working within virtualized systems
* Proficiency in T-SQL, and reporting tools like Splunk and/or Datadog
* Proven experience in production support, security monitoring, and prevention processes
* Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a desire to learn and grow
* Proven ability to adhere to deadlines and stay organized
* Understanding of user experience as it relates to the application design and development
* Positive attitude and a thoughtful approach to all work
What will REALLY help you stick out:
* Experience with scripting tools like PowerShell
* Background in Azure DevOps CI/CD
* Basic experience with scripting tools such as PowerShell
* Understanding of the Agile process including things like Stories/Points
Your First Few Months:
Were fast-moving here at PerkSpot, and the engineering team is no exception. On your first day youll start collaborating with team members to build, integrate, and release internal applications, while learning how to maintain our hosted and cloud environments, as well as our data security and backup strategies. Soon youll be an integral part of the team, taking an active role in designing new program capabilities and the on-call rotation. The skys the limit within this team, as you continue working to improve our platform for the better.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
Were a big platform, but still a small team. That means were going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. Youre going to grow a lot. We work out of our office in Chicagos River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and were pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits youd expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. Its this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Dont be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.