Lähetetty: Toiminnanjohto in Austin | Lähetetty: |
Texas Health Action (THA) is a community-informed non-profit organization dedicated to providing access to culturally affirming, quality health services in a safe and supportive environment, with an expertise in serving LGBTQIA+ people and those impacted by HIV. THA's programs include Kind Clinic, Waterloo Counseling Center, and TeleKind (telemedicine services). Read more about THA here: [
Texas Health Action seeks an experienced and mission driven Care Navigation Program Manager (CNM) at our Austin, Texas location. Under the direction of the Director of Programs and Services, the CNM will contribute to setting the vision for the Care Navigation Program and building it for scale. This includes collecting and analyzing structured data and building a specialty interdisciplinary team in local and remote locations.
The Care Navigation Program Manager is responsible for leading a team composed of Community Healthcare Workers and Medical Social Workers, whose goal is to provide patient-related wrap-around healthcare services, designed to retain and engage patients in care. The Care Navigation and Retention teams' primary function is to assist those patients newly diagnosed with HIV, to guide patients living with HIV who are returning to care, and to assist and intervene in patient-related crisis situations as needed.
The CNM will also be responsible for building and maintaining referral networks with key community organizations that provide care that cannot be obtained at our Kind Clinics.
Essential Job Functions:
* The CNM will lead various patient retention, re-engagement, and care navigation initiatives for Kind Clinic patients living with HIV (PLWH). The CNM is responsible for building and improving operational procedures, and reviewing the results of initiatives to ensure a high level of quality that is consistent with organizational standards;
* Utilizes and ensures consistent use of a system for documenting case records, including but not limited to legal documentation, psychosocial, case notes, case plans, service updates, medical and legal reports, referrals, and education information;
* Responsible for administrative supervision of social work and other staff providing casework, early intervention, and linkage to care services.
* Provides leadership, coaching, support, and training to staff. Responsible for staffing, performance management, professional development, recruitment and retention of staff.
* The CNM will develop, facilitate, and coordinate staff trainings to support the professional development of staff and the use of best practices in service provision;
* Helps to ensure compliance with contracts, agency policies and procedures, ethics, best practices and quality standards within the field and participates in internal and external program monitoring and audits;
* Manages the operational and fiscal activities of the department to include staffing levels, budgets, and financial and operating goals and plans, and develops systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of operations and meet productivity and quality goals and grant outcomes.
* Routinely communicates information to team members regarding administrative operations.
* Monitors staffing mix and allocation of resources in order to meet demand for services with available staff and recommends changes as appropriate.
* Maintains a system of confidentiality according to organizations policies and procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
* Practices a customer-oriented approach to healthcare delivery as demonstrated by interactions showing respect, knowledge, responsibility, compassion and sensitivity, cultural competence and access to care.
* Ensures staff understand and comply with organization protocols including medical standards and guidelines, risk management and safety procedures, regulations regarding patient rights, HIPAA requirements, mandatory reporting protocols, consent, infection control protocols, and applicable OSHA safety standards.
* Provides direct feedback to team members to enhance quality, accuracy, and client satisfaction with the services clients receive.
* Develops and supports processes designed to engage all staff in the pursuit of operational and service excellence; regularly reviews patient satisfaction data and analyzes for opportunities; involves staff and physicians in developing a plan for improvement when necessary.
* Conducts department staff meetings and participates in organizational quality assurance and practice improvement meetings as needed.
* Fosters a positive communication environment including eliciting creativity, staff ideas, concerns, and suggestions.
* Manages department activities related to federal and state funding sources and grants and ensures compliance with associated rules and regulations.
* As a member of management, ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
* Performs other special projects or work, as assigned.
* If selected for this position, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be requested prior to offer of employment.
* Submitting official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses may be required prior to final offer. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
* Information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position may be needed for employment verification.
* The applicant selected for employment is subject to a pre-employment background check. A history of conviction may not automatically disqualify an applicant. Applicants with a history of conviction may be considered on a case-by-case basis, after individualized assessment of factors including the nature of the conviction, the job duties and responsibilities, the length of time since the conviction, and evidence of mitigation or rehabilitation. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in social services (experience in a Primary Care setting preferred)
* Demonstrated experience taking initiative and exercising independent judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving expertise;
* Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, as well as other digital tools, including but not limited to spreadsheets, database management and data tracking, video conferencing software, CRMs, EMRs, etc.
* LMSW or LCSW
* A masters degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
* 2+ years of experience in project management. Certification in project management is highly desired;
* 2+ years of experience in working with diverse populations, including LGBTQ and communities of color;
* Creative, flexible, and thrives in a high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires management of changing priorities
* Exceptional customer service and communication skills, connecting all stakeholders (patients, doctors, clinic staff, technicians, etc)
* Excellent problem solving and problem pre-empting skills
* Takes initiative, highly organized and loves managing projects, both big and small, to completion
* Demonstrates leadership by unifying and advocating for team members
* Communicates and collaborates with cross-functional teams to solve problems and implement solutions in a respectful and effective manner
* Has strong presentation skills and enjoys training others
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (403b)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
* Disability (Short Term & Long Term)
* Training & Development