Publié dans: Autres dans Oman | Posté: |
Landfill Site Manager (Oman)
£-Attractive salary plus bonus, housing and transportation
WasteRecruit are working with an international waste management company to source a Site Manager for a municipal solid waste landfill operation in Oman.
* Manage the day-to-day operations at the landfill and provide daily support to ensure quality and budget performance.
* Develop fill sequencing plans to ensure density goals are achieved and ensure that the landfill is operated in a manner that is consistent with the conditions stipulated in the contract.
* Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labour hours and disposal expenses.
* Coordinate with Maintenance Department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
* Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action is taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
* Lead operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics.
* Oversee refuse being received; ensure proper handling; supervise and monitor all required testing, including sampling of monitoring wells; monitors utilization of cover material; review soil reports and provide information to Environmental Manager.
* Perform administrative activities associated with the effective management of landfill, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
* Monitor and enforce quality and safety standards and ensure all compliance goals are met or exceeded.
* Monitor the operation of the landfill and prepare weekly and monthly reports.
* Prepare Requests for Proposals, Specifications and Contract Documents, Task Order
* Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum 5 years heavy equipment operations experience.
* Minimum 5 years landfill operation experience (site manager or deputy site manager).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft applications.
* Excellent customer relations and personnel management skills.
* Must be able to read and understand landfill set grades using a surveyor’s instrument.
* Must be familiar with landfill requirements and legislation.
* Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
* Ability to work in all weather conditions.
* Certified as a Landfill Manager or ability to obtain certification within 1 year.
* Ability to read topographic survey drawings and calculate waste and earthwork volumes using computer-aided design software (AUTO CAD).
* Knowledge of landfilling, solid waste disposal and earthwork, drainage and utilities design and construction.
* Experience with the utilization of earthmoving equipment including bulldozers, backhoes, loaders.
* Hands-on experience of industrial hazardous waste, temporary storage, handling and disposal processes (cradle to grave)
- Temps plein
- 25 000 - 30 000 OMR/par an