Poslano u: Financije u York | Posljednje obnovljeno: |
Optimum Recruitment Group are working with a well-established business in York City Centre who are looking to appoint a Purchase Ledger Assistant. The role would suit an experienced purchase ledger clerk or accounts assistant with strong IT skills.
The purchase ledger assistant is responsible for processing supplier invoices, reconciling supplier accounts and providing information for payment batches on a timely basis and in an accurate manner, in accordance with company terms.
Duties will include:
* Ensuring that purchase ledger transactions are processed and carry out month end accounting procedures efficiently ensuring accounting records are up to date.
* Communicate to line management ideas for improvement, aimed at enhancing performance and efficiency at company, team and personal levels.
* Check accuracy of accruals to contracts.
* Manage own supplier accounts and be the main contact for queries and dealing with outcomes.
* Process high volume of invoices ensuring all invoices are allocated to reflect accurate costs.
* Ensure supplier statement reconciliations are carried out.
* Checking of supplier invoices as received, investigating and resolving variances from accrued amounts.
* Managing a selection of supplier accounts and ensuring that invoices are entered accurately, on a timely basis and paid to company terms.
* Preparation of invoices ready for payment.
* Manage supplier accruals for month end deadline.
* General accounts administration and non-routine payment processing.
As the successful candidate you must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience requirements:
* Previous experience of working in a high volume purchase ledger environment or experience as an accounts assistant.
* A high level of numeracy and data understanding/manipulation.
* Proven excel skills including v look ups and pivot tables.
* Excellent customer service skills as the supplier contact point.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail
Salary £23,000 - £27,000 plus benefits depending on skills and experience