Hozzászólva: Egyéb itt Kanada | Posted: |
Non-Seasonal work Winter 2021/2022
- Location: Timmins
- Full-time permanent position, day shift with some flexibility in hours
- Frequent opportunities for overtime available, with evening and weekend work as needed
- Competitive hourly rate ($17-19 per hour or more based on previous experience) with opportunities for performance review and potential increases every 6 months
- Benefits, and defined contribution pension plan
- Company vehicle, cell phone, and laptop provided
- Opportunity to work independently outdoors
Are you ready to learn a skilled trade and begin your career in a fast-growing and lucrative industry?
Look no further. G-Tel is hiring and training Damage Prevention Technicians to complete utility locates in your area right now.
Our technicians prevent significant damage and even danger by making sure utility lines are marked and visible.
If you've ever seen a thin metal rod sticking up from someone's lawn -- usually topped with a brightly colored pennant - that's where a damage prevention technician or utility locator has found and marked the path of underground utility lines through neighborhoods.
In this role, you will:
- Use state of the art locating equipment, geographic information systems (GIS), maps, and engineering drawings to identify the location of underground utilities
- Thoroughly search for all gas, phone and fiber optic cables in an area and mark them with spray paint/coloured flags
- Prepare reports and documentation to track the work you and your team are doing across the city
You'll be supplied with a company vehicle, phone and laptop for work use. You'll work on your own, travelling to sites within your territory. You'll mostly work Monday to Friday during the day with flexible hours, with overtime work on the weekends or evenings as required.
- Have experience, or definitely would enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Be physically fit and able to walk frequently on uneven surfaces, sit in a vehicle, lift up to 20 lbs with one hand, complete repetitive arm motions and use a shovel and other similar equipment
- Be able to visually distinguish colours
- Have a valid Ontario "G" class driver's license and be able to produce a clean drivers abstract
- Have a high school diploma
- Be willing to obtain and wear CSA approved steel toe safety boots
- Be willing to undergo and successfully clear a criminal background check
- Be able to work weekends and evenings when overtime is required
- Have strong computer literacy and ability to use new software/Microsoft Office
And here's what would be an asset:
- Experience in construction, farming, utilities (e.g., gas fitting or electrical background), land surveying, GIS, or similar
- Experience working as a Damage Prevention Technician or Utility Locator would be an asset but is not required
Please note: G-Tel requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access the job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment.