Diposting di: Teknik di Brighton and Hove | Terkirim: |
Job title: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Hove, West Sussex
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000pa
Responsible for supporting the Engineering Department in design, development, production and support of LVAC distribution switchgear.
* Accurately interpret customer requirements, taking into consideration; customer specifications, national and international standards and legislation (Inc. BS EN 61439)
* Work closely with the client to produce drawings, specifications and reports of a high accuracy and standard.
* Attend site to support the design of LVAC distribution switchboards both to meet the client specifications and ensure correct physical location and interaction with any existing equipment/services
* Production of the technical documentation to enable manufacture of LVAC panels in line with customer requirements. This shall include: general assemblies, enclosure drawings, wiring diagrams & bills of material
* Use of AutoCAD to produce circuit diagrams, layouts, detailed drawings and wiring schedules as necessary.
* Design equipment following best practice and company design rules
* Support the production of test specifications, method statements and risk assessments
* Attend kick off meetings, design reviews and performance meetings.
* Support production during manufacture, installation, test, maintenance and fault finding/diagnosis.
* Follow and support all company quality procedures, specifications and standards
* Apply relevant electrical theory to carry out fault and protection grading studies, protection settings, etc. to develop and verify your designs and reports.
* Be familiar with SCADA and PLC hardware and software concepts and have a willingness to develop a PLC software design role.
* System analysis activities, including load flow and fault studies.
* Protection system design and analysis, including fault and grading studies.
* Manage follow-on engineering issues
* Complete technical close-out to allow commercial completion.
Time Served Apprenticeship with a HNC in Electrical Engineering, or an experienced degree qualified candidate.
Skills and abilities:
* A minimum of three years’ experience in a relevant environment preparing and submitting detailed design specifications.
* A good knowledge of BS EN 61439 including design verification
* A sound working knowledge of electrical power engineering design principles, with the ability to identify safe optimum technical solutions.
* Proven track record in the design of high value projects, with evidence of designing to specific customer specifications.
* Clear, structured and analytical thinking with excellent communication and management skills together with strong attention to detail. The ability to manage the design of a number of projects simultaneously will be essential.
* A good understanding of the IT systems required to support the design process and associated activities.
* Experience with 3D drawing packages such as SolidWorks
* A strong and demonstrable commercial awareness coupled with an ability to closely identify opportunities to maximize return while ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
For more information about the role or to enquire about any other positions we may have please contact Peter Davies on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)
- 27.000 - 30.000 GBP/Per tahun
- 30.000 - 40.000 GBP/Per tahun
- 300 - 400 GBP/Per hari/per malam