Mechanical Technical Lead (Building Services)
Desco is an award-winning international MEP consulting engineering practice with an excellent reputation for delivering a client-focused quality MEP design solution to our clients.
We are seeking a highly experienced Mechanical Technical Lead (Building Services) with the ability to inspire others to be based in our Manila office. You will have a minimum of 10 years industry experience with the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a lead role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Skills will include the delivery of commercial, residential, educational and hotel sector projects. Data centre design experience would be advantageous. Experience will also include the co-ordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in the design, supervision and reviewing of technical competency of Mechanical and Public Health design work.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills with our highly skilled project teams based in the UK, and experience managing multiple projects at one time, will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging good inter-office working practices.
In addition to having a robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design in the UK, you will possess the ability to identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (or working towards chartership), educated to degree level in building services engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant professional institutions.
* Design, supervision and reviewing of technical competency of Mechanical and Public Health design work
* Producing detailed Mechanical and Public Health building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp
* Identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements
* Technical and quality reviews of project information
* Technical support to the BIM Manager in the production of all working technical drawings, preparation of clash detection files, Revit MEP models/CAD drawings from Stage 3 through to Stage 5 construction
* Responsible for assigned Design Engineers
* Work within Desco QA systems
* Design reviews
* People management skills
* Excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between the Manila office and our highly skilled project teams based in the UK
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS
* IES VE (Apache, Compliance, Radiance)
* HEVACOMP (DDB, Mechanical Designer)
* Proficiency in using Revit MEP and AutoCAD
In return you will receive the opportunity to work within an award winning forward thinking organisation that is committed to helping you achieve your career goals providing you with a platform to develop towards associate level and beyond. A highly competitive salary is on offer as well as a benefits package that includes:
* 24 days holiday
* Private healthcare
* Professional institution subscriptions