Pubblicato in: Altro in Amburgo | Inviato: |
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
Our User Office group is currently looking for two part-time (20 hours/week)
Guest House Assistants (f/m/d)
- Provide support in the preparations for the operation of the European XFEL Guest House (due to open in April 2021)
- Assist the guest house coordinator in operating the guest house in line with cost and budget guidelines and in compliance with hospitality, health, hygiene and safety requirements as well as other statutory , including periodical price analysis and revisions, and financial reporting
- Assist the guest house coordinator for guest house topics at both operational and administrative level
- Coordinate with other colleagues the planning and organization of accommodation of users and other visitors of European XFEL
- Interfacing with external service providers in coordination with Technical Services Group
- Handle daily activities such as reservations, check in, check out, cashiering, invoicing, professional guest relations and the preparation of the office closure times (night and weekend).
- Conduct on call duties (OCD) on weekends to support the site entrance staff in case of guest house related emergencies. The OCD will be shared between three employees.
- Check quality of cleaning, laundry and technical support inside the guest house
- In absence of the guest house coordinator, be first contact for the contractor at the BeamStop Restaurant
- Stand-in for other User Office colleagues in case of absence or specific events (e.g. concerning urgent practical arrangements for users or involvement in event organization)
- vocational training or studies in hospitality-related fields
- proven practical experience in hotel operations, preferably in rooms division or reservations
- excellent organizational skills, proactive approach and service-oriented personality
- cost/quality awareness
- proficient use of a hotel management software, electronic payment devices, electronic locking systems and good knowledge of MS Office software package
- very good communication skills
- English is the working language at European XFEL, hence fluency in English (spoken and written) is required; knowledge of German is considered as a decisive asset
For additional information, please contact Sven Heberling ([...]) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to 2 years and may, subject to a later decision, become permanent.
31 October 2020