Pubblicato in: Banca al Dettaglio in California | Inviato: |
SPT Labtech is a global supplier of innovative lab automation products for the life science markets. Our solutions save time and material costs and simplify complex operations. We are natural innovators. We create, design and manufacture high quality, robust and innovative automated laboratory equipment for academic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology research.
About the role:
We are currently hiring for a proactive and energetic Machine Shop lead to provide support for both the Manufacturing and Quality functions, in day-to-day activities. Reporting into the Manufacturing Engineer, the successful candidate will also be responsible for participating in internal/external corrective and continuous improvement activities.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Lead a team of 6 or more.
* Ensure the quality of the work produced by the team.
* Ensure the assigned work is completed in a timely manner, this includes assigning and explaining daily tasks to the team.
* Monitor work process and compliance with policies and procedures.
* Read, interpret, and follow pass downs, work orders, blueprints, and work instructions.
* Determine best tool selection speeds & feeds for a variety of materials.
* Setup CNC Machines for production and prototypes (Haas Control).
* Working with Engineering design fixtures and tooling to set up machining operations for experimental and complex parts.
* Inspects parts & make offset adjustments to meet print requirements.
* Work towards continuous improvement in the machine shop.
* Enforce Rules and Safety Practices.
* Ensure work areas are kept clean and organized.
* Participates in training, safety and quality programs.
* High School diploma or GED, college level or trade school education preferred, experience in the field may be a substitute for education.
* Experience leading a team in a Machine/Metal shop environment.
* Programming experience using Solid Works/Camworks.
* MUST have 3+ years of CNC machining set up on Haas CNC Mill and Lathe.
* Ability to work with close tolerances.
* Ability to manually edit G-code at the control.
* Working knowledge of Math, Geometry, and Trigonometry.
* Ability to use other shop support equipment such as manual mills, lathers, grinders and saws.
* Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
* Ability to troubleshoot machining problems and defects.
* Strong safety orientation.
* Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Sigma Six and/or other Continuous Improvement experience is a plus.
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
Our company culture supports diversity and is inclusive of all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or family status, and we endeavour to support our employees' needs to the best of our ability.