Pubblicato in: Gestione Amministrativa in Detroit | Inviato: |
_Endeavor is leading the high-impact entrepreneurship movement around the world and is looking for a dynamic professional to join its __team in the Great Lakes office._
Established in 1997, Endeavor is leading the leading global community of, by, and for high-impact entrepreneurs. New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman called the organization the best anti-poverty program of all, and innovative leaders like Reid Hoffman, Nick Beim, Bill Ford, Edgar Bronfman, Joanna Rees, and U2s The Edge have joined the movement. Endeavor supports its entrepreneurs with access to an unrivaled global network, peer-to peer community and demand-driven services. The organization also works to elevate Endeavor Entrepreneurs as aspirational role models and provide avenues for them to mentor and inspire others to reimagine what is possible.
Headquartered in New York City, Endeavor currently operates in 40 growth markets throughout Europe, Latin America, North America, Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. The Endeavor Detroit [ affiliate was established in 2015 and works with Entrepreneurs and mentors throughout the Great Lakes region. Endeavors Detroit affiliate currently works with 34 entrepreneurs leading 20 companies, such as Altruist [ Banza [ Cameo [ Floyd [ and The Lip Bar [
Learn more at
Job Title: Manager
Location: Detroit, Michigan or Ann Arbor, Michigan
Works with: Endeavor Entrepreneurs, network members, and staff across the U.S. and worldwide.
As a part of the Entrepreneur Selection and Growth (ESG) team at Endeavor, you will collaborate with team members in the search, selection, and servicing of high-potential entrepreneurs in the Great Lakes region. ESGs primary responsibilities include conducting research to build a pipeline of companies, conducting analysis on business metrics to identify highest quality companies, running meetings and local selection panels, developing and writing high-quality analytical profiles and reports on candidate companies, and providing best-in-class services to selected Endeavor Entrepreneurs. ESG staff work directly with some of the regions most visible founders to build a relationship of trust, diagnose their needs, and identify key contacts in the global Endeavor network to mitigate their challenges.
1. Independently pursue the search and selection of entrepreneurs leading fast-growing, post-startup stage companies in the Great Lakes region:
* Develop tools to manage candidate company pipeline. Actively lead meetings and calls.
* Network independently and extensively across the Great Lakes region to increase brand visibility and company pipeline sources.
* Craft curated outreach strategies in order to engage relevant candidate companies.
* Independently research and analyze strength of leadership teams and candidate companies; conduct analysis of business models, growth/scale potential, financials/projections, leadership potential, competitive landscape, market size, etc.
* Independently complete detailed and high-quality reports and financial assessments for candidate companies.
* Prepare and train candidates for selection panels. Ensure candidates understanding of the selection process. Communicate candidate progress and potential issues.
* Assist and/or lead in the logistics and management of all local / virtual selection events as needed.
* Stay connected to relevant reports and media sources to monitor updates and developments within the Great Lakes entrepreneurial ecosystem and assist account managers to find appropriate pipeline companies.
2. Support entrepreneur servicing:
* Ensure that entrepreneurs are aware of programs and opportunities offered by Endeavor; proactively suggest relevant services based on company needs.
* Network independently and extensively across Endeavors global network to increase awareness of resources, offerings, lessons-learned, and to enhance knowledge-sharing.
* Proactively diagnose entrepreneur needs, and look to add value in every interaction.
* Proactively think of ways to help entrepreneurs access capital, markets, mentorship, and leadership development. This can be done by both using Endeavors regional and global network as well as thinking outside the box and tapping into your own network.
* Be proactive in CRM management and data clean-up by suggesting report and dashboard improvements that support selection and servicing KPIs.
* Actively participate in relevant strategic initiatives to improve team operational efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., onboarding processes, or new service offering concepts).
* Be innovative become an ambassador between the Great Lakes office and other global offices, propose/develop/lead local and global initiatives, always think outside of the box to benefit Endeavor Entrepreneurs and network members.
* Assist in the management of all in-person and virtual events as needed.
* Help execute the offices ScaleUp initiative that supports the offices pipeline of earlier stage companies.
Skills and abilities:
* Strong interest and passion for economics, entrepreneurship, and/or venture capital.
* Optimistic nature with a creative, self-motivated, and strong work ethic.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for helping to cultivate the Midwests entrepreneurial ecosystem.
* Experience (academic or work) across multiple business disciplines, with an understanding of finance, and the ability to identify and evaluate entrepreneurs, business models, companies, and projects.
* Comfortable working with a variety of people at all levels, strong sales capabilities and willingness to be persistent and creative to solve problems and meet the needs of our entrepreneurs.
* 4+ years of relevant work experience in business, consulting, entrepreneurship, venture capital, or finance.
* High attention to detail and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
* Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
* Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
* Familiarity with project management platforms such as Asana is a plus.
* Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms a plus.
* Willingness to travel post-pandemic (domestic and international).
How to Apply:
Please send a resume to by December 1, 2021. A cover letter, transcripts, and a writing sample is encouraged, but not mandatory.
Competitive salary and benefits including flexible vacation policy, remote and flexible working days, 401K plans, health and dental benefits, global travel experiences, sabbatical/emersion opportunities, and continuing education options.