Job Reference: J(phone number removed)
Job Title: Aerodynamics Stores Release & Jettison Engineer
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Salary: £5,000- £7,000 per month (NET)
About the Company:
An opportunity has become available to relocate to Turkey, developing a specific aircraft on behalf of Turkish Aerospace. We currently have an exciting vacancy for an Aerodynamics Stores Release & Jettison (SR&J) Engineer working with our highly experienced team in the cosmopolitan city of Ankara, Turkey. You will be joining a team of circa 80 engineers, already deployed into the Integrated Project Team.
The role involves being part of a team responsible for developing the modelling and simulations to be used in the SR&J process, and then use these as the basis for carrying out the work for this new generation combat aircraft
The aircraft is in the very early stages of design and this role will provide an opportunity to be at the heart of, and influencing, the development of this exciting project.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver the role as well as coach other engineers, therefore, previous fastjet, military experience is critical to this role.
This role will be a minimum 12 month contract but is likely to be extended.
Life in Turkey/ Benefits:
- £5,000- £7,000 per month (NET pay)
- 5% bonus upon completion of each 12 months of service up to a maximum of 30%
- Medical Insurance and Emergency Dental with AXA
- Immigration Support
- Deployment and repatriation flights
- Furnished accommodation provided or accommodation allowance of £10,000
- Furnished accommodation has a number of onsite facilities including: indoor pool, spa, cafes and restaurants, sports bar, supermarket dry cleaners, travel agent, movie theatre plus much more.
- Ankara is a cosmopolitan city with a seasonal climate and both beaches and ski resorts are within 2- 4 hours
- Low cost of living
* Actively contribute to development, and team expertise, to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Ensure effective interactions and communications with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, project and company
* Ensure all work is compatible with quality policies and that procedures are followed
* The technical content of the work (own and by supervised staff), including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
* Plan and deliver assigned work (own and any supervised staff) to cost and schedule to meet customer and business needs
Skills and Qualifications:
-A degree (or equivalent) in Aeronautical Engineering or related STEM subjects with Aerodynamics content and significant experience of applying this knowledge in an industrial context.
- A good working knowledge of:
- Stores carriage and release mechanisms
- Certification requirements and store safe separation criteria
- Numerical modelling and analysis techniques
- Aerodynamic characterisation and parametric modelling of aircraft and stores
- Also have familiarity with the following:
- A range of different stores types and classes
- Model matching and verification
- Linear and non-linear analysis
- Test specification and test support
- Safety Case development
- Wind tunnel testing
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs