Објавено во: Инженеринг во Илиноис | Последни промени: |
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Sr. Application Security Engineer. This role is a Subject Matter expert that has heavy application security experience and can help build a practice. The client wants someone who came up through development and then got into security web development. The client is looking for someone with experience with CI/CD, Cloud, Java, Python, Pen testing, and AWS containers.
* The Application Security Leader is responsible for the analysis, evaluation, and execution of an ideal application security offering that integrates development activities, information security, and the automated release methods within the CI/CD pipeline.
* The Application Security Leader serves as the foremost security representative who partners with our development teams, leaders, and product lines to provide consultative guidance, insight, and feedback as new technologies or products are explored. Ultimately, the successful candidate has a strong sense of development life cycles and information security, all accompanied by a highly personable and engaging communication approach.
* Of high importance is to note that this role is key in the app sec definition space, it requires a self-motivated individual who can execute, refine, mature, and report on a program without specific guidance or instruction.
* This role will serve as the application security SME and indirectly lead a virtual team of Security Champions throughout the development organization.
* The suitable individual for this role is highly analytical and able to approach development/security challenges with a multi-faceted approach; understanding there are a multitude of approaches to expedite delivery timelines while enforcing security requirements along the journey.
* With enough experience and ability to grasp key technologies and security controls, this individual is empowered to make security-based decisions as needed to further enable expedient solution delivery across the organization.
* Aside from establishing the foundational requirements and associated consultation, support, and analysis, this function serves to quantify and qualify security parameters in the development space for ongoing reporting.
* Additional roles will support this function to assist not only in the functions described, but to also support code scanning activity, secure-code training, incident and investigative root cause analysis support, and documentation/automations.
* From an Information Security interest, this role is expected to fully grasp the concepts behind security controls and how they apply to application development, web presence and the like.
* This individual is accountable for identifying weaknesses in our security posture within the application or web space while defining methods to achieve security control requirements via automation or highly efficient means that further support timely delivery and minimal overhead.
Knowledge & Skills
* As the focal person for Application Security, the individual will have robust training, experience, and background in both Information Security and the Application Development life cycles/approaches/languages/and tools. Previous experience in defining organization-wide processes and methodologies, a proven leadership/influence style, customer-service oriented demeanor, problem solving, effective reporting via metrics and indicators, and strong communications are all essential to this function.
* Additional insights, experience or background in any of the following are also of great value: NIST, ISO27001, Data Protection, Java Development, Static Code Analysis, Dynamic Code Analysis, PEN Testing, AWS, Containers, MicroServices, CI/CD Pipeline, Agile, Sprints/Scrum Masters, GitHub, Black Duck, WhiteHat, Veracode, Jira, Docker, Kotlin, cloud security and design, people leadership, process maturity, and other related focuses.