Објавено во: Инженеринг во Њујорк | Последни промени: |
Taitem Engineering has an opportunity for an experienced electrical engineerin its Design Department. The successful candidate will focus on electrical design for both new and existing buildings as part of our MEP+S team. This position offers the opportunity to learn from Taitem's experienced staff of engineers and to mentor junior engineers as we embark on sustainably electrifying New York's building stock.
Based in beautiful Ithaca, New York and founded in 1989, Taitem is a mission-driven B-Corporation, committed to the "triple bottom line" of people, planet, and prosperity. Taitem is known for its high-quality work in designing and supporting sustainable, high-performing buildings. "Taitem" stands for "technology as if the earth mattered," reflecting the firm's commitment to the environment. A commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, family-friendly policies (including remote/work from home), and support for excellence make Taitem a life-sustaining place to work.
Taitem Engineering is committed to creating a diverse workplace and encourages applications from women and people of color.
The electrical engineer will be responsible for working as a part of the design team to bring design projects to successful completion. Specific work includes -
* Design of building electrical systems including lighting, power, fire alarm, and data
* Perform design calculations and develop technical specifications and drawings
* Modeling in Revit
* Perform site visits to evaluate existing systems or to inspect during construction phase
* Coordination and communication with team members, both internal and external
* Act as lead electrical engineer on projects
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
* has a degree in engineering or related field;
* has 5 or more years of experience;
* has an understanding of electrical codes;
* has good communication skills, both speaking and writing;
* works well on a team;
* is detail oriented;
* is dedicated to quality work; and
* has a desire to learn.
Additional Qualifications -
* is a Professional Engineer or is interested in becoming a PE;
* is familiar with building construction and the construction trades; and
* is proficient in Autodesk Revit or similar Building Information Modeling application.
Compensation: The recruiting range for this position is competitive and depends on the skills and experience of the applicant. This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off, professional development funds, and an employee assistance program.