Објавено во: Останато во Тексас | Последни промени: |
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking Part-Time Supplemental Instructors for our Adult Basic Education (ABE) program who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who will co-teach students the necessary skills required to enroll in a Career Pathway. These lessons include instructing students to successfully complete the High School Equivalency (HSE) examination, or support academic career pathway certification programs through INTEGRATED BASIC EDUCATION SKILLS TRAINING (I-BEST), or facilitating workshops for students.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: Bachelors Degree
Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Education
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required: Possess or acquire FERPA, Proctor Valid TWC Testing Assessment, TEAMS, and Blackboard (Training Provided)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Teaching ability in Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalency.
* Knowledge of adult basic education content areas including mathematics and/or language arts.
* Must understand and apply learner-centered and high impact instructional methods.
* Must have skills in computer operation, multimedia classroom instructional software, and be willing to learn new computer software.
* Must be able to work with nontraditional students and students with disabilities.
* Ability to work under stress, work independently and as a team member, and deal with students in a professional manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Co-teach and provide supplemental classroom instruction in one or more of the following areas: Math, Reading, Language, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
* Co-teach critical-thinking and problem-solving skills and helps students improve soft skills for success in the workplace and academic settings.
* Prepare lesson plans and manage a classroom using high engagement practices and retention strategies, with 25% of the time spent performing administrative duties to remain in compliance with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) grant.
* Assist in preparing students for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI), or state or national discipline specific exams to successfully receive credentials.
* Use a variety of instructional methods, materials, and techniques to address all learning styles and cultural differences.
* Instruct students on topics needed to earn HSE, transition into college, support academic students in certificate programs and obtain employment to earn a living wage.
* Create learner-centered lessons with high engagement activities and effective retention practices.
* Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning while maintaining sensitivity to diverse cultural differences.
* Develop positive working relationships with students and foster community in the classroom
* Regularly Collaborate with other instructors and professionals in the development of individual students needs and progress.
* Always display a positive attitude when interacting with students, teaching assistants, administrators, staff and the public.
* Review instructional content, methods, and student evaluations to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the program, curriculum, and instruction for improving student achievement.
* Assist during the new student enrollment process.
* Administer valid TWC pre-assessment and progress assessments.
* Record student clock hours daily using Google Docs and submit completed hard copy student sign-in sheets weekly to data management. Rural Sites will scan hard copies sign-in sheets weekly and mail hard copy sheets bi-weekly.
* Run required TEAMS reports and use other Adult Education computer systems.
* Attend staff meetings and in-service training as required or needed in order to maintain and improve professional development.
* Work independently and as a team member.
* Perform additional duties or job functions required and deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
* As an Amarillo College employee seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers, and the community by embracing these values; Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, and be able to move materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
Working Environment: This job may operate in a classroom, online, or tech supported setting. This role routinely uses standard classroom and office equipment such as microphones, audio/video-recorders, computers, overhead projectors, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets and fax machines. Classroom location assignment may vary.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.