Објавено во: Останато во Вашингтон | Последни промени: |
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for the comprehensive nursing care including, planning, documenting and reporting care of assigned residents. Also responsible for supervision and training of nursing personnel, who assist in providing care to the assigned residents, in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Functions to assure the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Performs other designated unit and support activities as directed.
* Assigns and evaluates the direct nursing care given by Certified Nursing Assistants on the assigned unit.
* Gives and records medications and treatments and evaluates the effectiveness of these medications and treatments by applying education, experience and nursing knowledge.
* Orders floor stock medications as is necessary.
* Makes rounds on the floor and visits residents daily.
* Keeps the Shift Supervisor and/or Director of Health Services and/or Assistant Director of Nursing/Physician informed, both orally and in writing, of any changes in the residents conditions.
* Supervises assigned staff and makes recommendations regarding performance evaluations and discipline.
* Trains assigned staff in routine tasks as necessary.
* Attends scheduled staff meetings, inservice training and properly participates in fire and disaster drills.
* Assists with completion of MDS as needed
* Enters or assures that all appropriate resident data is entered into the medical record, electronically and hand written.
* Supervises Restorative Care and resident activities.
* Makes accurate admission and ongoing assessments of residents in collaboration with the Registered Nurse and responds appropriately.
* Responsible for inventory and safe storage of all medical supplies and equipment.
* Conveys information is a concise, accurate and understandable manner. Displays attentiveness, tact and diplomacy in responding to others.
* Assures that staff, contractors and vendors, residents and visitors, etc., know and follow established policies and procedures. Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Supervises, trains and evaluates assigned staff.
* May participate in counseling of staff.
* Assists in developing departmental policies and procedures.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge and abilities listed, typically:
* Possesses a current license to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of California, and possesses a current CPR certificate.
* As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
COBRA & TITLE 22 REQUIREMENTS
Ensures that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at all times.
Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care information to assure their rights are protected.
Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately. Follows established safety rules
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
* A work environment focused on teamwork and support
* Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your familys well-being
* A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
* Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement