Geplaatst in: Techniek in Cyprus | Geplaatst: |
Software Engineer - Cyprus
Our client - a Global Investment Management Company is seeking Financial Software Engineer to join their team based in Limassol, Cyprus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading research and technology firm in the financial industry. We design and build in-house proprietary trading systems that enable our presence in a diverse set of markets and assets around the globe. The position requires interaction with execution system specialists, researchers, developers, and other senior professionals.
The ideal candidate will have excellent all round computing skills and experience with at least one object-oriented OO strongly typed programming language (C# OR C++ OR Java /..), mathematical ability, and a passion for software development.
We are looking for team players with the enthusiasm to initiate projects and the drive to deliver. A passion for technology and a self-checking critical approach to their work coupled with a personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment are essential.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
· To further develop & support the company’s key software infrastructure.
· To understand complex processes and systems and to help to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
· To be involved in system development with a flexible approach to working on different projects simultaneously.
You will have:
· Degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field.
· Strong understanding of software development and object-oriented design principles.
· Strong understanding of threading, data structures, and overall design trade-offs and optimizations.
· Experience in the use of both Windows and Unix / Linux operating systems, command line tools, scripting tools and basic system administration.
· Desire to succeed and ability to work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
· Keen interest in any technology innovation and eager to learn
The following will be an advantage but not essential:
· Experience processing large data sets
· Experience working with market data providers and/or FIX protocol
· Experience with SQL databases and their development, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, indexes and query optimization.
We offer a stimulating environment with exciting personal growth and long-term career opportunities, as well as a competitive salary
- 15.500 - 20.700 EUR/Jaarlijks