Geplaatst in: Overig in Californië | Geplaatst: |
* 1 year contract opportunity with potential for extension or permanent hire.
* Competitive compensation of $30-45/hr
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare's most complex challenges.
Join us in making big leaps forward for healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The New Product Verification Department is devoted to assuring safe, reliable, and effective products that exceed patient, surgeon, and hospital expectations.
The Test Engineer will work with a team of dedicated individuals within New Product Development and New Product Verification to assure the quality of new designs; to identify issues related to new designs and processes, and to work with other Test Engineers to develop harmonized test methods and best practices
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Generates test protocols for Design Verification, Label Verification and Life/Reliability tests
* Executes test protocols for clinically relevant surgical simulation and automated testing utilizing da Vinci Surgical Systems and other test equipment
* Identifies and reports problems that arise during testing, and escalates new or persistent failure modes to appropriate engineering teams
* Creates Test Reports to provide documentation that clearly indicates the results of product testing
Test Protocol Development:
* Works with Design Engineers to develop test methods needed to ensure design requirements are sufficiently verified
* Works with Test Engineers and Design Engineers to develop concepts and approaches to fixture designs
* Works with Test Engineers to create and implement harmonized test methods
* Designs test fixtures, test scripts, and other test aids needed to perform Design Verification, Labeling, and Life/Reliability tests
* Works with Design Engineering teams to ensure testability of Instrument, Accessory, or Endoscope products, including both the electrical and mechanical aspects of these products
* Responsible for documentation of fixtures utilizing SolidWorks, including the release of documents into Agile (document control system)
* Ensures successful, on-time completion of department projects; communicates constraints to direct management when successful project completion is at risk
* Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product verification and test process design as assigned by department management
* Complies with company Department and Standard Operating Procedures
* Verifies and ensures an adequate supply of test articles and other equipment or material
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
* BS Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or a similar degree. Some coursework and/or prior experience in electro-mechanical engineering, along with work experience in an engineering organization. Experience working in a medical device company is preferred.
* Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD software is preferred.
* Ability to read, write and speak English instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Mechanical Skills (Must have): Ability to perform the basic mechanical engineering calculations needed to support equipment design, including dimensional analysis. Familiarity with equipment needed to perform typical performance measurements on electro-mechanical systems.
* Electrical Skills (Preferred): Experience with electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, and embedded systems. Experience in "black box" testing is a plus.
* Software Skills (Preferred): Knowledge of Matlab or similar scripted test languages, Experience with Solidworks.
* Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest process improvements, especially those involving test fixturing. Must be a quick learner with the ability to understand complex products and processes.
* Computer skills: Ability to use personal computers as part of daily work. Ability to use online documentation.
* Other skills and abilities: Ability to work in a team environment. Self-motivated. Ability to use basic tools and measuring equipment. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Ability to multitask, and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively. Ability to work with biological samples, including blood, tissue, and organs.
* You will be able to travel several times per year to support test/design activities at the Intuitive facilities.
Please note that this is a contract role providing services to Intuitive through our direct sourcing partner, Raise Recruiting, who manages Intuitive's Contractor Talent Community. If you are selected for this role, you will be employed by Raise and will not be an employee of Intuitive.
Work with an Award-Winning Employer:
* Best Places to Work Glassdoor Employees' Choice, 2019 (#12 of 100), 2020 (#7 of 100)
* America's Best Midsized Employers, Forbes, 2019 (#149 of 500)
* Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare, Becker's Hospital Review, 2019
* Top CEOs, Glassdoor, 2019 (#9 of 100)
Raise and Intuitive are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.