Geplaatst in: Overig in Kansas | Geplaatst: |
We are seeking enthusiastic, positive, diverse nursing instructors to join our faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates and/or uploads an appropriate course syllabus for each course to the Learning Management System.
* Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
* Maintains accurate and complete scholastic records, including but not limited to course messaging in the LMS, grades, census rosters and attendance records.
* Submits all scholastic records by the established due date.
* Posts and maintains office hours for student consultation (combined with classroom instruction, minimum 35 contact hours per week on campus or location authorized by the Dean).
* Manages and supervises students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities to ensure a safe and effective learning environment.
* Ensures that each program/class meets the our Course Standard, includes all appropriate curricular components, utilizes effective teaching methods/practices (pedagogy) and reflects current field practices.
* Teaches all classes according to an approved course syllabus, ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled. Holds the final exam at the time scheduled unless permission to deviate has been approved by appropriate program leadership
* Utilizes the resources of the college to enhance the design and delivery of course work. Resources include but are not limited to, the expertise of instructional design and technologist staff members (ITAS), master/template courses, Instructional technologies (Respondus, Zoom, Knowmia, Blackboard, Packback, etc.) and Information Systems (Skype, Office 365, RDS).
* Provides lesson plans to the appropriate dean or designee. Publishes lesson plans on course syllabus.
* Teaches and maintains an effective learning environment regardless of instructional modality (online, hybrid, or face to face).
* Fully participates in, utilizes and submits when due program review information, assessment data, and course/college evaluations.
* Actively participates in student recruitment and retention activities including but not limited to high school visits and college activities, such as Open House, Program Information Sessions, and tours.
* BSN required, MSN preferred.
* Possesses current immunization(s) as required by the profession.
* Has and maintains a current, unrestricted Kansas RN license throughout employment.
* Has and maintains Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
* Five years current nursing, nurse educator, nurse practitioner experience or experience in a related area, required. Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred.
* Must be available for required course assignments.
* Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications, strong Microsoft Office skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Ability to effectively organize and direct personnel during crisis or emergency situations.
* Must complete new faculty orientation within one semester of start date.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the assessment repository system (WIDS)