Geplaatst in: Overig in Oregon | Geplaatst: |
JOIN OUR TEAM
We are growing and adding a variety of new positions to our team. Our #1 asset are our people. We provide a full benefits package, competitive pay, paid sick, vacation and holiday time and a 401(k) retirement account with matching, in a safe, productive work environment with training and opportunities for career growth.
In this role, you will
* Provide experienced purchasing strategy and execution.
* Request quotes from vendors and find sources of supply that meet cost, quality and deliver objectives.
* Actively manage and evaluate supply chain with respect to supplier performance, looking for opportunities to improve cost, delivery and quality.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and monitor and report on supplier performance.
* Manage inventory balances to be in alignment with company goals.
* Review cost saving and on time delivery with supplies, and negotiate contract pricing.
* Train, mentor and lead less experienced buyers.
* Lead the development, tracking and evaluation of purchasing metrics. Provide leadership to the purchasing team to meet or exceed metrics.
* Lead process improvement initiatives related to purchasing and train others on new processes.
* Communicate timely and current information regarding material availability.
* Provide sourcing and purchasing support to new product introduction projects.
* Utilize a proactive vision and effective approach to planning, problem solving and day to day action items.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Day shift with a standard schedule of Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm with overtime as needed.
What were looking for
* Minimum 10 years production purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated proficiency facilitating production/support process to meet customer demand.
* Experience procuring raw Materials within a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with managing a supply base.
* Experience using an MRP system.
* Strong understanding of purchasing metrics and ability to identify, implement and track metrics.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Experience sourcing packaging, optics, electronics and difficult to find components.
* Outstanding analytical, verbal, and written communication skills along with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization both inside and outside the company.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize.
* At least 18 years of age
* Eligible to work in the U.S.
* Ability to reliably and consistently work assigned schedule
* Ability to work occasional overtime
* APICS CPIM Certification is a plus but not required.
* Experience interpreting and negotiating contracts in relation to purchasing.
* Pay: $70,000.00 - $77,500.00 per year
* Competitive benefits package
Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
EPSM and Turk Manufacturing are committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, marital status, national origin, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, gender, sexual preference or orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential functions, and/or receive other benefits or privileges of employment at EPSM, please contact Human Resources at or inquire with Human Resources in person.