Publisert i: IT i Malta | Posted: |
We are looking for DevOps Engineers to be responsible for ensuring that our websites and CDN services are lightning-fast, resilient, scalable, and efficient with stellar uptime records.
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
As a DevOps Engineer, your focus will be to ensure that our CDN & websites are reliable, secure, scalable, and optimized. You will look in-depth into our sites and constantly strive for improvement.
- You act as a subject matter expert on our sites ensuring they are resilient, secure, and scalable
- Drive performance changes and can challenge the status quo and continuously find ways of how things can be done better.
- You create automatic problem detection and resolution procedures
- You are keen to troubleshoot issues across the entire stack be it low system level or application level.
- Working closely with our frontend development teams and making sure changes are continuously being built, tested, and deployed in the most efficient and scalable manner possible
- You strive to drive standardization efforts across multiple disciplines and services
- Have a mentality that evangelizes an automation first approach and are always looking at ways of automating repetitive tasks
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
- You collaborate with stakeholders to serve, observe, own, and solve problems through innovation, thus increasing the efficiency of our production deployments and in turn also reducing friction with production deployments with the ultimate goal of increasing or sustaining our availability
- Develop, configure and optimize service and application monitoring
TO DO IT, YOU WILL NEED:
- Be keen on efficiency and take performance & scalability very seriously
- Be comfortable working in cross-departmental projects & project teams and get satisfaction out of long term scalable solutions instead of quick fixes
- Embrace the DevOps culture and approach challenges through automation
- Have significant experience and knowledge on CDNs (such as Cloudflare, Akamai, and Cloudfront)
- Be able to quickly assess and address problems, escalating as necessary
- Be passionate about automation and have experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible & Terraform
- Be comfortable with containerization technologies such as Docker and orchestrators such as Amazon ECS and Kubernetes
- Have strong knowledge of cloud fundamentals such as AWS, Azure & GCPBe comfortable with CI / CD pipelines and have managed integrated workflows using tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab & Git in general
- Have profound experience with Linux-based operating systems & LAMP/LEMP stacks
- Be an enthusiast for optimum performance within the use of the HTTP protocol comfortable with Monitoring and Alerting tools such as Prometheus & Grafana and APMs such as Dynatrace, NewRelic, AppDynamics, DataDog and treat these as a first-class citizen
- Have used or had knowledge of PHP profiling tools such as Blackfire Have in-depth knowledge of MySQL / Mongo databases and can bring to the table suggestions that can optimize performances of databases at scale.
- The following would definitely be considered as assets:
- Scripting knowledge (especially in Bash / Python) along with knowledge of NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB and caching layers such as Redis
- To be comfortable working on an on-call basis
Should you be interested please send me your updated CV to [...]