Postat în: Altele în Noua Zeelanda | Adăugat pe site: |
Like to work in New Zealand? Whitehall are recruiting for a Senior Chemist/ Technologist experienced in Decorative / Industrial Paints
Our client is recognised as the leading paint innovator in New Zealand. They pride themselves on providing high quality, leading edge coatings to the architectural, marine, automotive and engineering markets. They have a vacancy in their well-established Research and Development team and are looking for a Senior technologist to work on all aspects of product development.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and self-motivated with a questioning nature and will preferably have relevant experience in the coatings industry or transferable skills from another industry. A strong background in chemistry or formulation science with product launch experience will be expected.
This is a demanding role with leadership and supervisory aspects and where the ability to apply analytical and critical thinking to solve technical problems is required along with the ability to effectively communicate ideas and information and adapt to changing technical project demands.
* To work as directed by the Technical Manager in the areas of research and development, improvement, testing and trouble shooting, maintenance and evaluation of products, raw materials, manufacturing procedures, test procedures, quality systems, R&D systems and documentation.
* To become familiar with and actively support all provisions of the Quality System appropriate to the responsibility of this position.
* To assist the Works Chemist, P.V. and F.I. laboratory staff in dealing with nonconformance and quality deficiencies in manufacturing and testing, and to formulate corrective actions. To liaise with the Works Chemist and Production Staff to ensure all stages in the Quality Systems are implemented. To test samples and formulate batch adjustments provided by procedures and policies documented in the P.V. and F.I. laboratory manuals.
* Supervise and control the progress of any production batch and to pass and approve for canning batches according to test results and procedures documented in the P.V. and F.I. laboratory manuals.
* To control or stop any process or batch production due to suspected nonconformance.
* To reject delivery of bulk raw materials found to not conform to agreed standards.
* To formulate and propose alterations to master dockets.
* To implement the procedures and policies of the Quality Manual, F.I. Laboratory Manual, P.V. Laboratory Manual and Technical Operations Manual.
* To make hand written changes to batch sheets and to authorise additional processing and batch adjustments as required in accordance with documented procedures and on the Technical Manager’s instructions.
* To perform research and development.
* To assist in the routine operation at the R&D Laboratory, F.I. Laboratory, and P.V. Laboratories as required.
* To analyse and evaluate raw materials and opposition products.
* To assist with training of P.V. Laboratory staff and of R&D Laboratory staff.
* Investigate and formulate improvement of products and manufacturing processes and assist with their implementation.
* Investigate and formulate solutions to problems in production, laboratory and the field, make recommendations to the Technical Manager, and liaise with other staff in remedying problems.
* To develop an understanding of research, make reports (verbal and written) to the Technical Manager, and to communicate the results of research.
* To assist in the maintenance of formulations and other documentation and ensure that up to date dockets and information are used in production.
* Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information according to company policy.
In return our client is offering an attractive salary package, with consideration for relocation assistance.
Whitehall is the Recruitment Specialist for the Chemicals, Resins, Pigments, Coatings, Polymers, Pharmaceutical and Science based Industries