About the company
This German software development company was established relatively recently, in 2018. Shortly thereafter, the startup received millions in seed funding to grow the team and further advance its SaaS product, which is aimed at reducing the cost and duration of projects in the construction industry. The goal of the team is to enable the construction of better and cheaper real estate.
The company is on the hunt for a Senior Python Software Developer who is eager to apply their engineering skills toward creating software that will transform the construction industry. For back-end services, the dev team uses Python, Django, and Postgres in Docker containers. They also use JS, React, Bootstrap, Sass, and Webpack for client-side programming. AWS (Elastic Beanstalk), GitHub, CircleCI, and Codacy are in the team’s tech stack as well.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you’ll be leading a team of talented and ambitious back-end developers in the heart of Munich, Germany. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting your engineering team members personally and professionally;
- Maintaining a highly effective way of building software, including the monitoring and logging of large systems;
- Delivering the best possible user experience by continuously shipping new features for the company’s cloud platform;
- Building new features, as well as testing, deployment, and monitoring of your code.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a closely related field;
- 5+ years of software development experience using Python;
- Experience with one of the popular Python frameworks, such as Django or Flask;
- Experience building a web app in a complex B2B domain;
- Experience working in an agile development environment;
- In-depth knowledge of architectural patterns, DevOps, and AWS;
- Experience leading a small team of devs/engineers;
- Fluency in English;
- German language skills would be a plus.
The role is onsite (relocation offered).