Được đăng trong: Kỹ sư trong Ai Cập | Posted: |
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices in the Arab region. RCREEE is the official technical arm institution of League of Arab State – Energy Department and Arab Ministerial Council for Electricity (AMCE).
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Executive Director
The Executive Director undertakes the strategic & intellectual leadership in addition to general management of RCREEE. S/He works on the development and implementation of RCREEE strategic plan efficiently and with high quality. The Executive Director submits periodic reports to the Executive Committee. He/she also represents RCREEE in accordance with Article 8 of the RCREEE’s Charta and supervises all RCREEE activities.
The Executive Director responsibilities include the following:
- Secure RCREEE institutional & financial sustainability and independence. Continuously ensure and enhance a robust pipeline of projects, contracts and agreements aligned with RCREEE work areas and mandate
- Lead RCREEE team in developing innovative financing mechanisms and ensuring the progression of projects, agreements and contracts to secure adequate fund to implement RCREEE’s mission and objectives through solid partnerships and projects portfolio that fits RCREEE’s work areas and mandate
- Formulate a clear vision and work plan, with detailed budget and enhancement tools, to ensure effective implementation of RCREEE’s mandate, objectives and activities defined by RCREEE charta, and in accordance with the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee decisions, and to maintain RCREEE’s image and deepen its positive impact
- Assess the political & economic status and trends in RCREEE Member States regularly, in coordination with the members of RCREEE Board of Trustees and Executive Committee, to ensure RCREEE’s projects and programs are relevant and responds to emerging priorities and needs
- Stimulate dialogues and establish new strategic partnerships with regional and international stakeholders and partners to strengthen RCREEE’s position, facilitate its mission and attract additional funds
- Deepen and strengthen RCREEE’s commitment to sustainable strategies in RCREEE Member States (with special focus on renewable energy and energy efficiency strategies)
- Develop and strengthen RCREEE institutional & intellectual capabilities and internal organizational development activities to ensure diversity and quality
- Develop, enhance and maintain efficient organizational structure & excellent inter-departmental communications flow. The executive director sets clear responsibilities, performance indicators and targets for positions in the organization’s structure. S/he up-scales RCREEE’s performance in cooperation with Executive Committee ensuring adhering to regulations and efficient economic standards
- Promote knowledge management to ensure availing best experiences and information exchange
- Adhere to RCREEE’s charta, regulations, governance bodies (Board of Trustees and Executive Committee) decisions, financial audit requirements & recommendations in accordance with international best practices.
- Foster empowering work environment that encourages initiatives, teamwork, diversity and fairness
Competencies and Qualifications
The Executive Director must be a citizen of one of RCREEE Member States: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Palestine, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
The selection process will be made on the basis of the following criteria in line with the established principles of recruitments for regional organizations:
- At least 15 years of experience (after obtaining his/hrt university degree or its equivalent) in energy or engineering (electrical or mechanical) or economics, or business and financial administration,
- At least 10 years of work experience holding leadership position at organization working in renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainability domain or international financial institutions or intergovernmental organizations, or self-financed institutions
- Advanced university degree (at least Master’s Degree) in one of the following domains energy, renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable development, management and economics, business administration or banking.
- A strong comprehensive knowledge of energy, renewable energy, and climate change issues, sustainable development international agenda, and its global trends and relevant stakeholders
- Proven ability to create and lead innovative financing models to ensure adequate funds and to lead financial management team with transparency adhering to international standards
- Strong analytical, and negotiating skills, including the ability to engage and motivate a diverse range of stakeholders to establish strong strategic partnerships with RCREEE
- Strong knowledge of intergovernmental organizations challenges including working effectively and efficiently with development partners
- Proven experience in projects and grants acquisition from different donors and financing institutions
- Experience in developing and proposing new concepts attractive to donors and financing institutions
- Experience in building strong relationships with relevant national, regional and international institutions
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English or Arabic and French. Knowledge of the three languages is a plus.
- Experience in financial management and resources management.
- Age should not exceed 55 years.
* Note: References of the above qualifications will be requested upon passing the initial assessment and selection phase.
Conditions of Employment
The Executive Director is appointed according to RCREEE regulations as follows
- The term of appointment is three years
- RCREEE Executive Director will be required to reside in Egypt for the full duration of the contract
How to apply:
- Please visit https://www.rcreee.org/content/executive-director-position
- Deadline: October 30, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Note: In the event of inconsistency or discrepancy between the Arabic version and any of the other linguistic versions of this annoucement, the Arabic version shall prevail.