Được đăng trong: Nghề nghiệp khác trong Mỹ | Posted: |
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Technician, Field Operations Junior MIN is responsible for collecting samples, observation, and/or inspection of products or raw materials for laboratory analysis by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works under immediate supervision to perform job functions.
• Collects samples as product and or raw materials that are being transferred to containers, vessels, barges, trucks, and/or rail.
• Ensures sample containers and all related paperwork are labeled with identifying data, location of sample, date, and time of collection.
• Delivers sample to laboratory for analysis.
• Performs preparation of samples, reduction and division of appropriate sizes.
• Gathers samples at specified locations, states of processing and time interval.
• Performs sample screening and/or other related physical tests.
• Ensures all equipment and containers are organized and cleaned before and after use.
• Ensures all personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant for tasks is worn at all times.
• Ensures compliance with all required local and federal safety processes and procedures.
• May also have Preparation or Laboratory responsibilities, as required by business needs.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School or equivalent
· No experience required, unless required by state law
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
· A valid and current Driver’s license may be required if the role requires driving a company vehicle.
· May be required to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card).
· May be required to obtain 24-hour surface Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) certificate, training is available through SGS.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Language Skills: Intermediate English required, Advanced preferred
• Mathematical Skills: Basic required, Intermediate preferred
• Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level required, uses logical and practical approach to solve problems
• Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel) – Intermediate user proficiency preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate (in writing or verbally), presenting information individually or in small group situations to internal or external customers
• Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to work independently and under moderate supervision
• Team player attitude, customer care focus
• Local day travel may be required; may be required to travel overnight occasionally.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
• This role may use sample prep equipment that may include Jaw Crusher, Bowl & Disc Pulverizing Mills, Pressure Filters, Riffle Splitters, Compressed Air, Hammer Mill Crushers, Ovens, Balances, and basic sampling tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
Physical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements:
• Stand – Constantly
• Move or traverse - Constantly
• Sit - Occasionally
• Use hands - Constantly
• Reach with hands and arms - Frequently
• Climb or balance - Occasionally
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl - Occasionally
• Talk/hear - Frequently
• Taste/Smell – none
• Lift/carry/push or pull - Frequently
• Lift/carry/push or pull - up to 50 pounds
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches/50 centimeters or less)
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet/6 meters or more)
• Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
• Depth perception (three-dimension vision, ability to judge distance and three-dimensional relationships)
• Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
• Ability to see color may be required
• Must be able to hear equipment operating, alarms sounding, traffic, telephones
• Monday – Friday, 6:30am to 3:00pm. The position may require weekend coverage.
• Position requires occasional overtime.
Environmental Conditions Requirements:
• Wet or humid (non-weather) conditions -Occasionally
• Work near moving mechanical parts - Frequently
• Work in high, precarious places - Occasionally
• Fumes or airborne particles - Frequently
• Toxic or caustic chemicals - Occasionally
• Outdoor weather conditions - Occasionally
• Extreme cold (non-weather) - None
• Extreme heat (non-weather) - None
• Risk of electrical shock - Occasionally
• Work with explosives - None
• Risk of radiation - None
• Vibration - Frequently
• Bio-hazard - None
Noise level: keep the highest that applies
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status a s a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call (phone number removed) for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
- 130.000 - 160.000 USD/Year