Được đăng trong: Nghề nghiệp khác trong New York | Posted: |
Fairstead is a privately owned, fully integrated real estate investor and manager specializing in multifamily property. Fairstead owns approximately $2.5 billion worth of real estate, comprised of over 11,500 market-rate, work-force and affordable rental units on behalf of its principals and investors with properties in 14 states and offices nationwide.
Fairstead is seeking a Head of Risk Management: Construction & Property Management to lead the internal Risk Management team. This person will provide direction and oversight of risk management at a corporate and national level. The Head of Risk Management will work with all departments to evaluate current and identify new policies. In this role, the Head of Risk Management will develop, enforce and drive strategy as it pertains to compliance, loss events and will improve the internal process to prevent future loss and risk.
* Maintain and lead risk management policies and process for the company
* Manage the corporate insurance program for all lines of insurance including commercial general liability, EPLI, E&O, property and casualty, workers comp, wage and hour, crime, etc.
* Manage the construction and development Builder's Risk and Construction General Liability OCIP insurance program for all assets and projects
* Create, develop, and implement policies and procedures to manage risks including contract review, document management and defensible destruction)
* Conceptualize and manage risk-avoiding adjustments to current methods of operation to implement policies and procedures and minimize risk exposure
* Assist with budgets, forecasts, and financial reports, including the analysis of annual insurance premiums, financial performance of insurance programs, and determination of billing rates and premium allocations.
* Manage renewal process for all lines of insurance
* Provide insurance renewal summaries and periodic market updates to senior management
* Review markets to determine competitiveness of the current insurance program while maintaining knowledge of trends in construction and property management insurance industry, including thorough knowledge of insurance products, coverage, and pricing. Integrate knowledge into existing processes or create new process if needed.
* Manage incident reports and claims processes
* Maintain compliance records related to third party insurance requirements
* Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with established standards
* Oversee the development and maintenance of a contract management platform
* Develop and deliver risk training and reporting that is tailored for each department, providing methods of accountability for leadership and employees
* Assess exposure, available coverage and alternatives to develop recommendations for efficient financial risk transfer for construction and first party property risks.
* Lead the administration of owner controlled insurance program
* Oversee enrollments, contracts, safety, claims, and all related compliance matters.
* Coordinate, analyze, and understand terms and conditions associated with proposed construction and management projects, insurable risks and potential risk mitigation opportunities
* Educate and assist operational groups to ensure coordination between project activities, exposures, and appropriate insurance coverage.
* Assist in internal claim management efforts with owners, staff or subcontractors to include additional oversight of third-party administrators, insurers, adjustors, and legal service providers.
* Track financial performance, claims trends, and safety narratives of policy through business reviews with leadership.
* Invent and refine procedures to standardize launch and implementation of internal programs
* 10+ years of Insurance, Risk Management experience
* Real Estate industry experience preferred
* BA in Risk Management or related field
* Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Why Work at Fairstead?
Rated by Affordable Housing Finance as a Top 50 Affordable Housing Owner of 2019, Fairstead is a real estate owner/operator that has rapidly expanded since its inception in 2013 with four offices across the country and a portfolio that spans 14 states. Come to Fairstead for the opportunity to work closely with senior executives to impact real change and drive decision making from the ground up. Join our team in this growth inspired role to accelerate your career in a fast-growing organization.
* Competitive salary, along with full benefits: 401(k) company matching, medical, dental, vision
* Commuter benefits program to use pre tax funds for savings on mass transit
* Wellness programs to promote employee health and self-care