发表在: 工程学 在 英格兰东南部 | 发表: |
Brief Role Description:
Our client, a manufacturer of extruded components are looking to add an Extrusion Technician to their existing team.
* Ensure that production plans are met on time and in full at the required cost and quality levels.
* Ensure all agreed safe methods of working are followed at all times and report near misses or Big Six hazards in order to prevent potential accidents.
* Complete product / tool changeovers, including the die head, calibrators and all associated downstream equipment are completed in a safe manner within the expected changeover time.
* Ensure that product first off and routine quality checks are completed and that products meet the required dimensional and visual specifications.
* Start-up and shutdown of the various extrusion processes.
* Ensure that standard production outputs are met or exceeded.
* Ensure both extrusion tool / calibrator and equipment are maintained to the highest standards within the bounds of the Production Technician responsibilities.
* Participate in production handover at the beginning and end of each shift worked.
* Maintain high levels of housekeeping within the factory areas, including the cleaning of machines and removal of unwanted materials.
* Participate in improvement activities such as SMED, Kaizen Teams (continuous improvement) and 6S activities.
* Ensure all relevant data is captured and entered onto appropriate systems (e.g. scrap, production outputs, tooling problems, downtime, material reconciliation, quality, overweight etc)
* Work with training coordinator to ensure knowledge, training and development is passed onto relevant new starts or apprentices
* Ensure all waste products are separated into their designated containers
* Selection of machine for removal of outgoing tool and insertion of new tool / calibrator
* Last of extruded product checked and tooling / production data entered onto the appropriate system
* Set up Extrusion machine and downstream equipment using relevant data sheets
* Obtain first off sample for dimensional and physical testing
* Machine put into operation and the operator informed of production so that packaging and labels can be sourced
* Document all relevant data on QUALITY DATABASE, BARCO, or SAP
* Conduct ongoing quality checks for visual, dimensional and stress testing
* Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental standards for self and others
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV - or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK